Sunday, December 14, 2008

Too busy for Him?

written by Sarah Chew - redrafted by Japheth

He waited patiently at the restaurant, glanced at his watch and sighed... The waiter approached him and asked,
"Sir, would you like to take your order first? It has been half an hour since you've been here"
"No thank you," said the finely dressed man 'She'll come in a while, maybe she's delayed today"..
He looked out the window and sighed again.. The waiter shrugged his shoulder and went his way.

The clocked chimed nine times, the waited again approached the man and said,
"Sir, it's already 9'o clock and it's getting late, are you sure you don't want to order ahead?"
"Maybe just a coffee," he replied. "I'm pretty sure she's coming soon, I really do believe in her, I just can't wait to spend time with her, listen to her day, gaze at her beauty and tell her how much I love her.." the man said. The waited once again shrugged his shoulders and went to get the order of coffee, "What an irresponsible girl!", the waiter thought, "She should consider herself fortunate to be with a such a fine, understanding and loving man like him." thought the waiter further.

By ten'o clock the waiter was frustrated, for the gentle man was constantly looking out the window and sighing with a heavy look on His face and yet having such hope that the girl he loved was coming.
"Sir, it's 10'o clock, and we will be closing soon. Whoever the girl you're waiting for does not deserve such a fine man as you. You have waited patiently for her so long! What is so special about her anyway?, You have not even eaten yet. I couldn't help but notice that this is not the first time she's done this to you and I remember seeing you here for a few nights in a row without your date."

A tear fell from the man's eyes.
"You don't understand", the man said. "I love her so much that I would give my all for her, Yes, she has not been coming for quite a while but that will never stop me from loving her." he wiped a tear from his eye. "Thanks for the coffee." the gentle man paid the bill, gave the waiter a tip and got up from his seat. With another sigh, the man walked off into the night...

...


She flungs open her room door and dashes for her bed.
"What a great day I've had today!" she mentioned, "Gosh, I'm so tired and worn out after going out for a birthday party and an awesome movie!" she yawns.
The clock chimes 11 times.
"Oh no!", thought the girl, "I promised God I would spend time with Him at 8pm!"
"Well, God knows I'm really really tired after a great time today, I'm sure He understands ;)"
and she drifted off into the night...

No comments: