Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Happenings

Since after exam:

Road trip to Penang

That was pretty crazy. 35 people. 1 bus. 3 days 2 nights. Ate, ate and.. ate.. I must say that the food in Penang this time round was not that great, to me at least.. It was just food.. that taste the same in KL, or even better in KL *don't shoot me Penang people* hehe. We also visited Fort Cornwallis (or something like that), had bbq marshmallows and chilling out at the beach, shopping, water polo, and lots of travelling on the bus. It was a good end to the year, especially to catch up with some people who have or would be leaving Malaysia, fellowshipping, mafia-ing, random joke telling, cards, worshipping at the beach n swimming pool :) Gotta do this more often! *kudos to Danny Wang who organised this amazing trip!

National School's Christian Fellowship Leadership Camp

Another crazy camp. 140 campers. 20 officers. I was one of the officer volunteers. Led icebreakers, games, a prayer session, helped at special night and led a small group. I love games and organising games but for 140 campers, is quite intense! Thank God for ideas such as the tank game (from maps) and team fortress (from mcf camp) and random push-the-potato-with-your-nose games! And of course, BUTTBALL! which for some reason everybody seemed to love. It was a great camp, lots of things learnt - about God's will, spiritual disciplines, heroes of the faith and cf-related skills (such as problem solving and programme planning). Special night was great and the campers acted really funny! the night ended with the court case in which us officers took the campers to 'court' for being 'naughty' and demanded they be sent to bed earlier after framing them up (for everything! being late, idolatory, violence, etc). It was won hands down of course (due to our totally unbiased judge and jury which was the camp commandent and the officers haha!) but of course we had to let the kids sleep late..

Sarah's Wedding

My sisters wedding was quite surreal. I knew she was going to get married early in the year but if never really got into my system, not until the rehearsals at least.. when I began to watch her and everybody else practice walking down the isles with the music.. and it REALLY only clicked on the wedding day itself, more in the wedding dinner, when all the speeches were made, it was like. wow. WOW. my sister is getting married.. *sigh*.. (but in a happy aww kinda way). I performed the song 'We will dance' by Steven Curtis Chapman and threw in a little chorus of my own at the wedding ceremony with mark. It went well, according to everybody, but I knew my guitar wasn't working, because I hadn't turned the GAIN up. thank God mark's guitar saved the day. He asked me later on, "so japheth, what have you GAINED from this?" swt. I also realised that weddings are really costly.. everything really. counting the ang pow's during dinner was stressful, and it's just only enough to cover the dinner cost! now, all those dresses... flowers.... decorations... gifts.... shoes.... well i'm not complaining, got myself my first ever suit! woohoo! Everybody's asking, "so when's your turn?" I smile and say, "well, the first step is to find a girlfriend :p"

Personal Retreat

It was good to just take a break from it all after all that. To set a time to relax, seek God's face, review and reflect on how my year has been and what I've learnt from it. No better place than Glory Place, Mantin; to just sit by the waterfall, memorise some scripture, write a song, do some readings and journalling... was with Peter and Li wen for this one; quite fun those two :) gonna miss hanging out with peter once he leaves to the U.S

CF

CF would be taking most of my time and responsibility from now on - plannings, iron'ing out details, portfolios, job descriptions and managing human resources; thank God for the CF'ers! So many willing ones, to serve, to be a part of God's plan for Monash CF next year! To an awesome year ahead! let's start with a Christmas Party! and committee retreat!

Work work

Gonna help out at the kindergarten again; Madeleine Kindergarten, for Jan and Feb. Should be interesting :) I need to get those nuts and bolts in my head active.. Can't afford to idle around too much lol. I need to clean my rooooommm..... gahhh.....

Through God's grace and strength
Japheth Chew

No comments: