Saturday, November 13, 2010

He is faithful!

Words alone cannot describe this feeling of thanksgiving that I have towards Him for bringing me through. He is faithful. Always has been, always will be.

I've completed my final paper of my degree, and, *fingers crossed* if I pass everything I would be a Monash University graduate.

This three years in Monash have been absolutely crazy, intense X100 other words. If I were to write everthing that has happened I would fill up many pages so I'll just get to the basic jist of what I've learnt throughout my time in Monash.

1. When God says He'll never leave you nor forsake you, He keeps to that promise. He is faithful. He will bring you through. Only obey and trust Him. Many times I found myself lonely, emotionally unstable or down in the dumps, Yet He is always there to say, 'hey, I'm the one you are looking for'

2. His grace is sufficient. In my weakness He is made strong. This can be seen in last minute assignments, and exam results. Though I still think I don't deserve to graduate, I know he has held me by His hand and given me grace, and I've never failed any papers *not yet at least :p*

3. If you honour God, God will honour you. Serving in CF has been one of the best thing about being in Monash. It's been such an honour to serve others. It is so humbling. It is so rewarding.

4. I am nothing without Him. Running by my own strength only makes me look like a headless chicken :p Many times I think I can do things myself, through my own effort, only to find myself tired, weary and burnt out at the end. Yet in His mercy He lifts me up when I wait upon Him

5. Focus pocus! doing so many things at the same time is NOT a good idea. Focus on what you need to do and do it well. FB and blogging and gaming and all those entertainment stuff is such a distraction, you can do so much more with those time! Do your assignments early *so u can avoid point no#9*

6. Don't live life for yourself. Live life for others. Life is too short. Cheer up. Help others climb rocks. It rocks!

7. Pray pray Pray and did I mention Pray? it helps. really.

8. God surprises you when you least expect it. Even with the love of your life ;) Key is to wait. and to trust :)

9. Never try to pull an all-nighter. Sleep is essential. It helps you in many ways :) Eat well too. Be healthy, or you'll be fat *sighs*

10. Never be too busy for family and friends. Just asking the question 'how are you doing?' has serious affect to show that you care, it can make someones day.

All in all, this journey is one to remember for many years to come, hopefully for a lifetime. There are many downfalls and bad memories too, but I chose to overcome them, and end on a note of victory. Proclaiming His faithfulness and learning from them. I will not let any frustrations or negative feelings from failures hinder my progress from moving forward. He has healed my wounds and now I can learn through the scars. I will not be broken. He has made me stronger.

A new phase of life has begun, and I'm excited :)

Japheth Chew

1 comment:

Li Wen said...

Excited! YEAY! :D