Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hey, wanna go for a walk?

My take on how I would deal with burnout:

Find that spot (may be at a park, home, library, starbucks etc) where you can run to to find rest and clear your mind

For me: I take regular retreats @ glory place, mantin to spend time seeking Him and quiet my soul ;) On times that I can't afford a retreat: a nice cup of coffee @ starbucks listening to my music or swedish meatballs at ikea or reading at borders has to do ;)

Find that sport (or something you love; rock climbing, basketball, football, bowling, chess? or a random hobby- fishing? anything that can take your mind away from the stresses)

For me: Rock climbing has been my recent craze; satisfiying and enjoyable (climbing and teaching people how to); jogging has been good too

Find that alone time (may be taking a break from friends, internet, phone) just to listen to some silence from the million voices the world throws at us

For me: Taking a break from friends, and facebook, and university, and staying at home has been good. Writing and journalling has been therapeutic too. Just slow down, think, read and write if it helps

Discipline yourself spiritually. God is there longing to fill you. We just miss these 'filling' sessions thinking we can run through life through our own strength and effort. We run so fast that sometimes we miss His still small voice saying, "hey, wanna go for a walk?"

No comments: