Wednesday, May 12, 2010

sometimes....

sometimes i ask myself, what if after all this i find myself empty and void?
after all the serving, all the labour, all the sweat blood and tears
after all the victories and failures, after all the gung ho'ness and passion, sadness and depression
after going through ups and downs, joy and pain
it finishes

and i'm off.. sabah perhaps for a year.. doing soul searching and serving at missions
and back... to uncertainties.... this time.. real uncertainties... relationships? work? ministry?

God, I know I should trust You. I tell my friends to, I need to show it myself..
It's scary Lord, and I'm afraid...
that all of this was in vain
that i'll never be able to stand up to a relationship again
that i'll never be totally fulfilled and satisfied with any job or ministry that comes my way
that i've failed you. time and time again
and that i'll run away... from You

why so downcast? oh my soul
put your hope in God
for I will yet praise Him
my saviour and my God

2 comments:

ezra said...

"Insanity is doing the same things over and over again expecting different results"

Brother, find rest and joy in Him, at His feet. Period. Not on the things u do, not on the things u've achieved. But joy in Him, alone.

Rest in His unending love. His love has no limits. Take it in. Receive it.

Hope this video will encourage u:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXut0HxncvY

Alvin Boey

rach said...

i blogged earlier today.. of the SAME verse!

but yes, God does have great plans for you. You will do great things for and with Him (: Never give up hope. -R

-
word verification: conterse