Sunday, May 30, 2010

Joshua 14-23

The most interesting part for this reading to me was the gung-ho'ness of Caleb. Here is a man about 80 years of age, saying to Joshua, 'Give me my inheritance! I am strong now as I was then (40 years ago), I can still travel and fight as well as I could then!' - in his words - 'just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war!' full-on yo! It's a reminder to me to keep on persevering, keep on pushing on, as long as His promises lies ahead of me I shall carry through! Never give up! Never turn back! Never lose hope!

I don't know about you but sometimes I get the feeling like you can't wait for things to end, in terms of going through a semester, facing an assignment, an exam, a task ahead, a ministry, a job, etc. Sometimes the feeling is like, 'Oh gosh I can't wait for it all to end! for me to graduate! for me to step down! for this !@# assignment/exam to finish etc.' Caleb was not like that, he could have easily went, 'I am old, let my children inherit my portion of land, let me have my peace and enjoy the remaining of my life' Noooo.. he's taking it himself! he's going to fulfill God's call for his life! he's going to fight for his inheritance promised to him. and he's not going to let age turn him down.

I need that kind of spirit. I need to persevere. I need to struggle with Him and win. Come on Japh!!

No comments: