Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Deuteronomy 8- 17

"Every commandment which I command you today you must be careful to observe, that you may live and multiply... And you shall remember that the Lord your God let you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord..."

Feels like I'm quite in a wilderness myself. Now at least I know the purpose of it. to humble me, to test me, to know what was in my heart, whether i would keep His commandments or not..
i hope i survive this wilderness, for it is lonely, and painful..

It's good to know He is still sustaining me. He feeds me with that 'manna'; strength enough to get me through the day. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: