Sunday, August 12, 2007

make ur daddy proud....do the things He loves!

ONe of the things that struck me while I was doing some stuff today.. am I glorifying my heavenly Father by doing this? Is He proud of what I'm doing today? Is there a smile on His face today?

This hit me.. so many times we fail to shine, we fail to live out our lives for HIm.. We fail to make a difference.. Are we doing the things that He loves, or break His heart... Are we crucifying Him time and time again with our actions and words?...

think a moment....

When was the last time you spent quality time with God, poured forth your struggles to HIm, cried your heart out, worshiped till tears, prayed until something happened, heard God's voice, reached out to somebody in need, showed God's loved to the person you hate...

Let me take 5 minutes of your time to tell you a story my sister wrote some time ago:

He waited patiently at the restaurant, glanced at his watch and sighed... The waiter approached him and asked,
"Sir, would you like to take your order first? It has been half an hour since you've been here"
"No thank you", said the finely dressed man 'She'll come in a while, maybe she's delayed today"..
He looked out the window and sighed again.. The waiter shrugged his shoulder and went his way

The clocked chimed nine times, the waited once again approached the man and said,
"Sir, it's already 9'o clock and getting late, are you sure you don't want to order ahead?"
"Maybe just a coffee", replied Him "I'm pretty sure she is coming soon, I really believe in her, I just can't wait to spend time with her, listening to her day, gazing at her beauty and telling her how much I love her", the man said. The waited once again shrugged his shoulders and went to get the order of coffee, "What a irresponsible girl", the waiter thought, "She should be fortunate to be with a fine understanding and loving man like that", thought the waiter further.

By ten'o clock the waiter was frustrated, for the man was constantly looking out the window and sighing with a heavy look on His face yet with such hope that the girl he loved was coming.
"Sir, it's 10'o clock, and we will be closing soon, I feel thatwhoever the girl you're waiting for does not deserve such a fine man as you, for you have waited patiently for her for so long, what's so special about her that you would'nt even eat until she comes? I notice this is not the first time she's done this to you as I remember seeing you here for the past few nights and she always never appears"

A tear fell from the man's eyes.
"You don't understand", the man said. "I love her so much that I would give my all for her, yes she has not been coming for the past few nights but that will never stop the love I have for her",.. he wiped a tear from his eye. "Thanks for the coffee", the young man paid the bill and gave the waiter a tip and got up from his seat. With another sigh, the man walked off into the darkness.


*yawn* She flungs open her room door and dashes for her bed.
"What a great day I've had today", she mentioned, "Gosh I'm so tired and worn out after going out for a birthday party and an awesome movie", she yawns again.
The clock chimes at 11pm.
"Oh no!", thought the girl, "I promised God I would spend time with Him at 8pm!"
"Well, God knows I'm really really tired after a great time today, I'm sure He understands ;)"
and She drifted off to a nights rest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice story line, sad outcome.

Anonymous said...

well, all that i can say it that it's realistic. People should know their mistake from what they did, and although God is always patient for us, we should never take things forgranted.

Elle T. said...

hmm...

to wilson: that's just the problem isn't it? although people know you shouldn't take God for granted, but most people still do. =/ sadly.

The weirdest thing is that.. people not only take God for granted, they unknowingly put God to the test. And make God jealous.... darn...

to japh: that's seriously a nice story.. and a good way to think of it. story line;s good... grammar at the end abit crappy.. haha. it's fling not flung.. and normally stories you don't use " *yawn* " so yea.. =) anyway.. it's still great japh... ok this is a long comment.. haha!

Anonymous said...

*sweet*
absolutely sweet!
great work :)

Anonymous said...

nice story line :)