Monday, September 29, 2008

A word of encouragement~

taken from daily devotional material - worthy ministries

Proverbs 22:1 : "A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, Loving favor rather than silver or gold."

My comments and personal messages on facebook and msn has been a lot about God and includes bible verses and personal prayers such as "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me". I've had comments on "oh you shouldn't put your nickname in MSN like that, it's too extreme"...

Well honestly, would a msn nick "Busy doing assignment, stressing out, going through depression, just ate a nice cake, or a random nick" serve any purpose? I mean really, stop reading this for 5 minutes and scroll through your msn contacts. What do you see? Anything encouraging? Or just another person perhaps looking for sympathy, or articles for assignment, or being bored..

Personally, the reason why I love to put encouraging verses or quotes on my blog, facebook or msn is because I feel that people need it, and I don't want the attention on I, me and myself, it really is ALL about Him, looking at the bigger picture, without Him, all we do or say is useless cuz He is the one who gives us life and the ability to communicate and share His goodness.

Life is bigger than your exam, life is bigger than what happened yesterday night at the party, or what movie you watched, the latest political news or sporting event. Life is about Him, shining His glory and living a life worthy to be called a child of God.

I would encourage whoever who's reading to think about changing your personal message on msn for some time, put anything encouraging, be it a verse, a line in a song, a quote, a promise, and wait and see if people will nudge "thanks bro I needed that encouragement today". There is power in what we say, be it verbal or written, check this out:

Proverbs 18:21 - "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit"

2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 - "So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."

and my favorite:

Proverbs 15:23 - "A man has joy by the answer of his mouth, And a word spoken in due season, how good it is!"

Be Blessed! and may we be a blessing to the people around us.

God bless you

Japh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sherene was here.
terclick on the link and here am i.
done with berlinger-lingering.
have a blessed day!
=)