Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back from India!!

And it was... amazing...

It was a conference for children and children's workers from all around the world, called 'Children in Prayer Global consultation', which main aim is to connect children prayer networks from around the world and bring prayer back into their nations through children ministries, as well as to sense the father heart of God for children.

Many of you would probably wonder what I was doing there.. well, my family has been in the children ministry for some time and my parents bring us (me and my sisters) to their travels and ministry to help them, and we love it!

This time though, I was also involved with speaking in a main session about 'youth/children leading children' and help lead the kids who were from there from all around the world. Meeting with other people and kids is amazing, I now have friends from South Africa, Aussie, Egypt, and list goes on!

What made it great though, was what I learnt while the time spent there...

We visited a big orphanage called the Royal Kids, and they have a few thousand children around India, and just seeing them, was phenomenal! esspecially when they prayed for us

I really felt God's love for the indian children, and it brought back memories of my previous mission trip to India through 'Youth with a mission' in 06 (that's another whole story I've yet to write about :p)

This time though, it wasnt exactly a mission trip, altough we did minister to many of the children
and prayed for the children etc.

I was really worried actually, like 'who will feed these children, where do they stay, etc but God reassured me that He really loves them and will sustain them, even supernaturally.. wow!

This turns my perspective of the world around... again...

Many of these children have been abused, raped, forced into prostitution, watched their parents die in front of them (like being burnt or electricuted, it's horrifying just hearing their stories)

And then looking back at how blessed we are, melts us really, many of us just stood there weeping as we washed the feet of some of these children during the night rally..

May God break our hearts with the things that break His heart..

One particular verse will stick with me through this, Malachi 4:6 'He will turn the hearts of the children to thier fathers, and the heart of the fathers to their children', to the heavenly father, our daddy God!

Let's just be grateful yeah, for the things God has blessed us with, even the opportunity to read this post... Millions out there, have a need.. shelter, education, food...

Spend some time thinking, and praying, and being grateful ;)

God bless you

Japheth

1 comment:

Caely said...

it sure was a great time. hope u'r coping well back home!