Thursday, June 19, 2008

Out of the bag...

Another poem I found while digging through my old files... from RP2 Camp by a one of the groups

Out of the bag, I took out of my bag a paper,
My past, my present, and my future,
How the story of my life unfolds,
That the Lord God Almighty controls,
In order to move on I have to give in,
And surrender all my hurts and pains to Him.


Out of the bag I took out myself,
Taught of my identity, children of God himself,
Creations of the maker, special in every way,
He will never forsake me, each and everyday,


Out of the bag, I took out my God,
Viewed His personality, which I long forgot,
Knowing the trinity, my triune God,
Gives me a clear picture of my sovereign God.


Out of the bag I took out my family,
Memories of roles, discipline and responsibilities,
Mommy, daddy, siblings and me,
They are the people who make up my family,
I learned that unconditional love is a must,
And honesty, too, to build their trust.


Out of the bag I took out my friends,
People who motivated and inspired my plans,
The good, the bad, and the ugly,
They will always be a lasting memory.


Out of the bag I took out my teachers,
Painted my life a beautiful picture,
My teachers I learned to appreciate,
Remembering the sacrifices they made,
Imperfect though they may be,
I thank God they were given to me.

No comments: