Friday, June 13, 2008

Passion V2

So I thought I would continue the passion ramblings..
A verse struck me the other day, Matthew 6:21:

"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be"

and it's sooo true... I guess what I learnt from the things that we desire the most, would probably mean the most to us. I'm the kind of guy that would really be all out to do the things that I like, e.g- jamming, worship leading, futsal'ing, chatting (at times), and it's so easy to get caught up in our own desires that we kind of, miss out what God has planned for us?

I tried to understand what that verse in a different approach, try switching it around and you get "Where your heart is, there your treasure will be"

Now I get back to passion, it all starts from the heart. That's number one. How many of us pray for revival and yet we refuse to lift our hands during worship or allow the Holy Spirit to move in our hearts? Many of us pray for passion and yet we do not attend prayer meetings or encourage our friends to. Now don't give me 'oh I'm like really busy and I can pray back home', There might be some truth in that but how many of us actually do pray by ourselves? It is said in the bible, 'Pray without ceasing' and we would, if we really understand what passion is. There's power in corporate prayer and agreement, 'If two or three are gathered, there He is in our midts'.

Number two, Passion is more caught than thought. Speakers can talk alot about passion but at the end of the day, it's really all about catching the essence and acting apon what you believe. Walk the talk. Don't just talk so much (something I'm learning too!).

So I guess a question to ask ourselves after all this is,

What are you doing about your passion?

Japh

No comments: